YCYC

20071117

Rant

If your subordinate makes a mistake, as a superior, you'll naturally have to answer for it. I remember one of my instructors once told me, "It's not about doing things right, it's about doing the right things."

Many a times in our quest to do certain jobs, we end up using whatever means to achieve the end, going by the belief "The end justify the means." In the end, many people are affected. Be it in relationships, or work, many people will be affected if we think this way. This in reality is bullshit, because you can't actually get a good product if the raw materials used are bad to begin with. Many people will suffer if people think like that.

And many a times I've tried doing the right things, trying hard, working hard, to make things work, and make things right. Sadly it doesn't always work. People are lazy sometimes, they simply want to get the job done in the shortest time/way possible. There's no sense of pride, no sense of achievement. Then I'll ask myself, "For whom do I work for? Why should I even bother?"

I hate the fact that I can't exactly type out what is happening, due to some reasons, and it's so hard to express myself in this manner. All I know for sure is that I'm feeling exhausted, working my ass off everyday. Sadly, it's something in me. I could never settle for something less than perfect. It's either I do it to the best of my ability, or don't do it at all.

I've learnt a lot over the past few months. I've learnt that it's not always the capable people who are holding high managerial positions. I've learnt that some bosses behave as though the world owes them something, I've learnt that some bosses simply task everything else to others, while they sit down, relax, and shake their legs. I'm just really thankful I've a good boss =).

Anyway, end of the day, someone's got to do the job, somebody's got to take the shit. The question can either be, "Why must it be me?" or "If not me, then who?"

No comments: