YCYC

20060430

OCD

I think I might have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Seriously. I always have this feeling that I haven't locked the house door, when I've already done so. As a result, I always end up returning home just to check, before leaving again. Sometimes I manage to convince myself that I've locked the door, but most of the time I fail at it. I also have this stupid habit of checking that the taps are closed, or that the refridgerator's door is closed, constantly. When doing my project reports, every single spacing/indentation/line break/etc. has to be perfect. One spacing off and I feel uneasy about submitting it. Damn =(.

Anyway, why am I writing about this? Because this has time and again, caused me to overdo stuffs that has led to bad/disastrous results. For example, I got a brand new black housing yesterday for my N70. It fitted well, everything's great. But somehow I managed to scratch the screen. Instead of simply ignoring it (which I guess is what most people will do), I had to use Brasso and fix it (it works, I've done it more times than I care to remember). All was good. Until I decided that the alignment of the stupid rubbery/spongy substance behind the housing wasn't straight enough. So what did I do? I took off the whole thing. To make matters worse, there were some small remaining scratches. So I decided to Brasso it again. Brasso, somehow, caused the glue to melt/lose its strength. As a result, the screen part of the housing came off (no glue to hold it, I guess). Great. Instead of simply calling it a day (1AM+), I had to go down to 7-Eleven, buy some superglue, and come back up. After sticking it, I was a happy boy. Not. The glue got onto the housing itself (f*ck), and now my housing looks ugly. Why the f*ck did I do all that when I could've just accepted/ignored the scratches? I don't know.

Also, while waiting for my housing to arrive in my mailbox, I constantly went down to check my mailbox. Like once every hour or so. It's not so much of me being excited about it. It's more like I want it now because I can't wait.

So there you have it. I think I've OCD. If it gets any worser than it is I'm going to seek a doctor.

No comments: