YCYC

20060411

Reflection

It's raining out there, as I sit here alone
As far as I'm aware, there're sins I've to atone
Nothing washes them away, not even the rain
Time and again, I've to face this pain

Bah, just a lame attempt at trying to write something =). Anyway, since I got my Enlistment letter, I've been treasuring every second of my life. No more lying on the bed doing nothing, no more forcing myself to sleep when I'm bored. It's a mixed feeling, as Maclean says. A part of me feels happy that I finally get to go in, so I can come out as soon as possible =). Another part of me feels that my life's going to go through some major changes. I hate change. I can cope with changes, but that doesn't mean I like it. I know I'm going to miss my friends and family, and of course, my dearest Geri =(. I won't be able to stay up late surfing the internet, watching anime, reading manga, chatting or playing games anymore. Neither will I have the chance to catch the occasional TV show with my mum. I won't be able to keep a tab on my sister, nor will I be there if my dad or mum wants to vent their anger on someone (as much as I hate it when it happens, I'm usually fine with it, as long as it makes them feel better =)). I won't have the chance to hang out late at night with my friends. Also, I won't be able to spend time with Geri =(. I'm definitely going to miss my life. The saddest thing of all, June 10 is also my dad's birthday, but I can't be there to celebrate with him, because I've to go NS.

On another note, I might be able to meet some new people. Right now, I'm seriously hoping that I'll end up with fun-loving and nice people =). I'm also hoping that I'll be able to book out on all the weekends in July. Why? Because July 21 is Geri's birthday, and July 29 would be our first year anniversary =). I'm glad both dates fell on weekends. I'm also hoping that somehow my sister will become a little more responsible (now that I'm gone). More importantly, I'm hoping that my family members, and of course Geri, will take good care of their health. Especially my mum and Geri. They're always having headaches, or stomachaches, or something. If it's not this, it's that. You know, I'm feeling sad writing all these. It makes me realise how little I notice about people, until I actually think about it. Guess I've to thank NS for it =).

I don't particularly like military stuff. I like military strategies, because some of them are really amazing, how humans play each other out and stuff, but that's about it. I don't like guns, because they kill. Killing is bad. War is bad. Yet I know, even if I dislike these things, in times of war, I'd be force to use a weapon. Even if not for my country, I'll have to do it for my loved ones. To be honest, the thing I'm really looking forward to in NS is the physical training, and the people I'll be able to meet.

I'm probably getting the Philips Xenium 9@98 phone for NS, since they don't allow chargers (well you could do it secretly, but hey...). It's supposed to have 10 hours of talk time, and up to 720 hours of standby time. Of course I could go with a Nokia 8250 or something and some spare batteries as well. Nevertheless, I'll most likely get the 9@98 for $195 without line! It's a pretty good deal =).

Last but not least, to all my friends going to NS, may we all enjoy our NS life! Treasure your pink IC life while you can, lol =). I'll definitely miss my life, and the people in it, especially Geri! *hugs*

No comments: