YCYC

20081224

Twilight (Just My Opinion)

Just had to do this. I think this is the worst movie I've watched in a long time. Seriously. I'd rather watch some lame "Date Movie", or something. I didn't really read the book, couldn't force myself to go on reading after the introduction.

Anyway, the movie was horrible. I didn't like the acting, it was so lame. The "love" between Edward and Bella is simply too amazing for my liking. Bella has the "I need you inside me right now" look everytime she looks at Edward, and seriously, it's really stupid to have a family whereby everyone is OBVIOUSLY PALER THAN USUAL, and not have anyone suspect anything.

Taken from Wikipedia:

Meyer says that her vampire mythology differs from that of other authors because she wasn't informed about the canon vampires, saying, "It wasn't until I knew that Twilight would be published that I began to think about whether my vampires were too much the same or too much different from the others. Of course, I was far too invested in my characters at that point to be making changes... so I didn't cut out fangs and coffins and so forth as a way to distinguish my vampires; that's just how they came to me."

I think that's such a big lie. EVERYONE KNOWS VAMPIRES HAVE FANGS AND HAVE A WEAKNESS TO SUNLIGHT. It's so obvious she made her vampires different from others on purpose. Even my cousins (who are like 5 or 6 years old) know vampires have fangs. They've skin that glitter/whatever in the sunlight? Seriously, what kind of crap is that?

I don't even want to comment on the character development, which is non-existent. The love between them? Seriously, what love? I don't mind fantasy/fairy tales, but this show failed miserably at it.

I can't believe this is a show that some people squeal over (YES, guys too what the hell).

So what did I like about this show? The fighting at the end, because there finally was some action, and more importantly, because I can't wait to get out of the cinema.

Worst show I've watched in the past 2+ years (at least). Horribly unbelievable (even as a fantasy) crap. I can't believe on the movie posters they actually said it's the most epic love story since Titanic.

Twilight fans, don't get offended, it's just my opinion. I'm not offended when I see you all squealing and saying retarded things in public like,

"Love should be intense like this."

"Love at first sight should be like this."

"Characters like this are so hard to find in real life."

It's quite cute to see the dreams you all have. Unfortunately for myself, I don't live in such an unbelievable dream world.

Which I'm actually thankful for.

On another note, I'm a big fan of vampires/werewolves movies, but Twilight is definitely out of the list.

No comments: