YCYC

20050421

Carlos Mencia

I was watching Carlos Mencia starring in Comedy Central just now, and it was really funny. But at the end, he said this:

"What makes life beautiful is the essence of the fact that it can go away. See, you don't want to live like that. You don't want to be that person do you? That had a fight, and then consequently had a stupid fight with your spouse over who's supposed to open, or close, or turn off the lights at that time. So you did it, but you were pissed. And you stayed piss with your wife. Not cause it was real. But hell, we'll make up later, and nothing's better than make-up sex. And in the morning you woke up, things were still bad but you kept that, cause hey, I'm going to come back, and we're going to do it, and then what happened? You went to your building, and you sadly, on that 90th floor, and that happened (Sept 11), and your ass is never going to go back home again. And the best you can do, is call your woman and say I love you, and that you miss last night, cause why, because you thought that it was going to last forever. See, every comedy show you go to, it always ends with a big joke. Cause that's how it's supposed to be. But then my friends, in life, if you're going to learn one thing from me, learn this. Cause sometimes, sometimes..."

So there you go, a really nice speech. At least for me it is.

Recently I've been trying to take things easy. Trying is the keyword. Been working at Acer for this whole week so far. Really tired, but the money keeps me going. Moreover, computing is one of my major interests. Work is good, because it takes my mind off other things. Sometimes I feel like a complete POS, I don't even know what I'm doing. My mood fluctuates so quickly and randomly I think my brain's messed up somewhere. Well, well. At least something's holding me back, in a good way. Who knows? Who cares?

I don't remember where I saw this quote, but it goes like "Some people thrive on hate. Some people love and dream." Credit goes to whoever, let me know if it's you. However I think it's an incomplete statement. Some people thrive on hatred, yet love and dream at the same time. No need for elaboration, since this is just a blog, and I recently realised most people only think they know me =). Think ^^. Probably due to the way I am to them, or the way I blog.

The one dream I really long for, and yet know won't come true, is to get someone sweet, stay with me through my army life, stick by me till I succeed, and then stay together and love each other for life. But hey, what the fuck? To even think someone would remain with you while you're in NS is stupid. Dreams will always remain as dreams.

And I know, the next time I'll simply be laughing or joking again.

No comments: