YCYC

20050428

WTF? My CD-R EXPLODED!

Hi all, I was running Knoppix 3.8.1 off the CD I just burnt when I heard a damn loud sound. I looked around and nothing dropped or anything like that. Then I heard some weird sounds from my drive, and my Knoppix system hanged. I turned off the computer, open my drive, and this is what I saw.

When I Opened The Drive...

After Removing The Drive & Shaking It...

After Some More Removing...

What A Proper CD-R Looks Like...

My Drive =(.

Damn. My question is, is it the drive at fault? Or is it the CD-R? I don't know whether to laugh or be shocked. Sigh.

Just for the fun of it, I uploaded the actual full resolution pictures. Download them here.

I just did some reading, seems that if a cracked/damaged CD is spun at over 50X there's a high chance of "exploding". LOL. BUT IT WAS A BRAND NEW CD!!! Damn. I just downloaded it, burnt it, and ran it! Sigh =(.

No comments: