YCYC

20040828

Letter To Her

Dear girl,
Today would've been the 26th month together, but too bad you left me. You used to talk to me about your dreams and wishes, and stuff like that. Your dreams of becoming a ballet teacher, of being a good housewife, and stuff. You used to talk about forever, saying you won't leave me and stuff. But then I realised one thing. This "forever" only exists as long as you love me. In other words, forever isn't forever. It's only forever when you still have feelings for me. Well, I know you probably won't see this. Right now, you probably don't care if I'm dead or alive. The last time I wished you good luck, you actually felt I was sarcastic. I wonder... How much you hate me now. If you do see this though, please take care and do well in life. I heard from a friend of yours that that new guy of yours seems to be busy all the time. Hope you aren't too affected by it. If ever something bad happens, please know that I'll still be here as a friend. You probably despise me though. I never knew what went wrong. You simply left. Just like that. I still miss you sometimes. Your smiling face pops out in my mind every now and then. You're really cute, you know? May you find happiness with him. Maybe someday we can still smile and talk as friends.

P.S: If ever you see this, please let me know. It's not that I don't want to contact you myself, but things are already over, and I promised you I wouldn't call you till the day you call me. Seems like it'll never happen though. Here's a parting quote...

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived. - Margaret Mitchell

No comments: