YCYC

20041005

Random Stuff

I wrote the following while taking a break from studying. Sorry if it sucks.

In Pain, For You
It burns right through my heart
But I keep on smiling, keep on faking
So you won't find anything amiss
All of this pain, just for you

But you don't realise a thing
And I go on lying, go on denying
So you won't find anything awkard
All this facade, just so we can be friends

When I finally try to be honest
And I tell you the truth, my feelings
So you can finally understand everything
You laugh it away, just like a joke

So I go on smiling, go on faking
Keep on lying, keep on denying
So you can go on laughing
Please continue smiling...

In pain... For you.

Smiling, For You
Thus you went on smiling, went on laughing
And I'm really happy for you, I really am
But you don't even care, don't even realise
How much you mean to me, how much I care

The next thing I know, you got attached
To someone I can't even hold a candle to
And you still don't care, still don't realise
How much I cared for you, how much you meant

But I tell myself it's all worth it
Everything's worth it if I can see you smile
So I started smiling, stopped worrying
For you're now with the man of your dreams

And I know that your smile isn't for me
But do you know as I smiled, I cried
Deep in my heart, the burning continues
It'll never end, as long as I love you

Smiling... For you.

Crying, For You
Or so I thought, but then he left you
You were heartbroken, devastated
And all I could do was give you my shoulder
Watched you cry, collect your tears

You're but an empty shell now
A shadow of your former self
And I can't do anything at all
Nothing will ever bring you back

You wander around day and night
Hoping you'll find the light
But you've already lost your sight
For love is blind, am I not right?

And I still can't be with you
Nor the shadow of your former self
And I can't bring you back anymore
I'm just like you, seeking the light

...

No comments: